Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My first YouTube video {I promise I'm not singing!}

First of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kinds words I received after yesterday's blog post!!! It's so nice to get positive feedback when working so hard to achieve goals and I am beyond thrilled that I have motivated so many! It's a huge factor in why I chose to blog. I look forward to hearing some results in the near future! 

If you are like me, your husband always complains that it take you too long to get ready. Y'all know I love makeup and sometimes, just choosing which eyeshadows I'm going to use can take up more time than actually doing my makeup!

I'm always rushing to get everything that the kids need before leaving the house to do anything, but I despise leaving my house with, what I  like to call, a naked face. It's scary. And I'm not fond of scaring people. 

First thing is first, the products. I'm sharing the brands I personally use, but if you have others that you love, you can of course use them the same way. This is also a great make up look for those who either don't want to use a lot of makeup or who are younger and just beginning to wear makeup.


These products are what I like to call "essentials".
1. Concealer 
2. Powder foundation
3. Bronzer
4. Blush
5. Brow powder
6. Mascara
7. Lip balm or gloss
8. Powder brush
9. Bronzer brush
10. Blush brush
11. Angled brush 

Please don't judge me too harshly on this video. It's my first one!!

See that pre-makeup face? I told you it's scary!


Products seen in video:

Comes in 3 shades. I use No. 2 medium

Comes in 6 shades, I use Fair (Light when I'm "tan"). Sunscreen is in the powder! Hello cutting out an additional step! You should know by now I don't go without sunscreen.

Comes in 7 shades, I use Sunkiss (Sunkiss is matte, so if you prefer shimmer, don't get this one)

Comes in 9 shades, I used Gentle in video. I also have Warm Soul (more of a neutral tone) and Dainty (more pink)
Comes in 5 shade duos, I use Taupe/Soft Brown.

Available in Black.

Comes in 16 shades, I used Woppin' Watermelon. Also comes in an intense formula for more color and a baby tint formula for less color. (I have multiple shades, all formulas and love each one. I'll be more than happy to help you choose a shade based on what you are looking for! Just leave a comment.)

Brushes
Good makeup brushes make all the difference in the world when it comes to applying makeup. And trust me when I say, if you invest in good brushes and take care of them, they will last you 15+ years. Promise. 



Powder, Bronzer and Blush brushes, all Clinique




*In the photo I took of all the products I used, I have a MAC brush pictured. I sometimes use this for bronzer/highlighter, but it can also be used for liquid foundation. You can find it here. It is 187SH Duo Fibre Face Brush.

Hope you got some helpful tips! I hope to make more videos in the future, so if you liked this one, make sure you are following the blog!








No comments: