Thursday, August 21, 2014

Lusts & Loves {Kitchen Edition}

If you have read my blog, even once, it should no surprise to you that spending time in the kitchen is one of my most favorite things to do. I love preparing healthy meals for my family, baking (not so healthy treats) and of course eating the fruits of my labor! 

If you ask my husband, he'd tell you that when we first go married, he was unsure if he'd ever have a home-cooked meal again! I was not the best chef by any means and I really didn't have a desire to cook for my family. After we moved to Montana a few years ago and I started working only part-time, I started being more adventurous in the kitchen. Then we moved to Missouri a little over a year ago and it's a whole new me. I think Damien actually gets excited about our meals.

So, I thought it was only fitting to share some of the things I want in my kitchen and of course, some things my kitchen is currently stocked with that I'm not sure how I'd live without!

Lusts:

Damien bought me some new knives a few years ago for Valentine's Day (that same year he bought me a food processor and a blender as well. Don't think he's lame. I asked for them). The knives have been great, but are getting worn and 2 of them have small cracks in the blade (the 2 I use the most), so I'm thinking it's about time for some new ones. I'd love this Pampered Chef set.

They have a larger set as well, but I mostly use my santoku and pearing knives, so this set would be fine for me. If someone would like to buy me this, I wouldn't turn it down.


A good friend in Montana introduced me to Moscow Mules when I lived there and I have been obsessed ever since. Part of the greatness of this cocktail is that it is typically served in a copper mug. Essentially, you must have copper mugs to truly enjoy a Moscow Mule. So, naturally, I want some copper mugs and I love these...




Sticking with the beverage theme, I've recently decided that stemless wine glasses should be a must-have item for wine drinkers with children. I have other glasses from this collection, so I'd really love to add these to it! And, they are on SALE right now! Get 8 glasses for the price of 6.


I could continue this lust list for days on end, but I'll stop there for today

Loves:

I love many of the tools in my kitchen, but I'll keep this list short also.

This little beauty made it into my kitchen <permanently> about a year and a half ago. It came home with me awhile before, but Damien had buyer's remorse and took it back the next day. About 8 months later, it was mine again. We have been drinking smoothies and creating soups and sauces ever since. We've even made some deserts. I can't tell you how much more smoothly it blends whole fruits and veggies than my previous blender (the one he got me for Valentine's Day).


I use garlic a lot when I cook. For a long time I was mincing garlic by hand or tossing it in the food processor whole when I could. Them my wonderful mother bought me this bad boy and my fingers no longer smell like garlic for 3 days after adding it to a recipe! You put the entire clove in the press and the skin stays in the press while all the garlicky goodness comes out. Amazing!


Okay, this next item is one of the most simple tools in my kitchen, but it amazes me. Along with garlic, we eat a lot of tomatoes. So, I got this knife from Pampered Chef that is specifically for tomatoes and it works like a charm! Plus, it's green and I love green!


See, I told you short and sweet!


No comments: