Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's Quiet....and My New BFF!

Well, today is Payton's first day of kindergarten. We all rode together to take her, but she wanted her Daddy to take her inside. While she is not a truly shy child, she is always a bit stand-offish when she is not entirely comfortable. I trust she will be fine.

At home, I'm not sure what we are going to do! It's QUIET! In a house with three girls, it's rarely quiet. Mali is home with me, without her partner in crime. While I am sure she will still find ways to entertain herself and cause mischief, she is going to miss her big Sissy! They fight hard and love hard, that's for sure. but hey, that's what sisters are for, right?!

Payton Elaine


Payton and Mallori <not sure what Mali saw, but her face is so sweet!>

Now, I want to share with you an app on my phone that I have been using for about a week now. I'm sure it's not new, but because I seem to be among the last to know about everything, it's new to me. It is My Fitness Pal and it is seriously my new BFF.



It helps you keep track of you calories, exercise and water intake, among other things. You can literally scan a barcode and it'll input all the nutrition facts for you. It's seriously like pocket accountability and I need accountability! When I'm making dinner, I scan the ingredients I'm using and then I adjust the serving size.

It calculates how many calories you need every day based on your fitness goals (you input those when you sign up) and how much you exercise (or burn calories). Damien has it on his phone too, so it's yet another fitness thing we are doing together. He's actually the one who introduced it to me! Here is the thing, I don't go over my calories because this app will make me feel guilty. Don't worry, it won't call you a cow if you go over or anything, but it'll have a big fat negative number in the right hand corner where it shows your available calories. And unless we are talking negative pounds, I don't like negative numbers.

At the end of each day, it tells you where your weight should* be if you maintain a similar diet over a 5 week period. And THAT my friend, is encouraging!
*results will vary.
If you have never heard of this app and you have a smart phone, you should have it. No smart phone? Well, you can also sign up via Facebook or email. No excuses! Even if you are not trying to lose weight, it'll hold you accountable for healthier food choices and a healthier lifestyle.

I'd love to hear from you if this is something you are already using! Or if you decide to give it a try!




No comments: