Sunday, March 2, 2014

Snow, snow, go away....

I love snow! I love the cold and every winter I get stupid giddy when there is snow in the forecast (and disappointed when there's not). I'll chalk it up to growing up in SC, where we could go through an entire  winter without seeing a single flurry. This winter, however, I am over the snow!! School has been cancelled several days and I need my oldest in school. When she's home, she talks nonstop. I'm not kidding. 
Today there was supposed to be ice and more snow, so we opted not to chance the roads for church (MODOT recommended to stay off roads). 
One of my most favorite things to do ever, is cook and bake. I love trying new recipes, especially for breakfast. This morning, I decided to make bacon pancake dippers that I found on Pinterest (I'm serious not sure how I ever lived without Pinterest!!) Oh my goodness, they were delicious!! 
 
If you like bacon and pancakes, try them. I cooked bacon the night before to cut down on grease so the batter would stick better.  Find the recipe here
 Left the syrup out on the counter and this happened. She never passes up an opportunity to make a mess!! 
For dinner, I decided to make white chicken chili. It was also delicious! I adapted my own recipe, so here it is.
White Chicken Chili
2-3 uncooked chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cans of white beans, drained
1 can of corn, drained
Packet of taco seasoning
14 oz chicken broth
4 oz can green chiles
8 oz cream cheese

Shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado and corn chips for toppings

1. Add chicken to crockpot, then add onion, beans and corn
2.  Mix taco seasoning, chicken broth and chiles together and pour into crockpot
3. Add block of cream cheese to the top
4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring in cream cheese after 30 minutes
Enjoy! 




 



No comments: